Law Group International, LLC provides a full range of immigration services to people around the world. Immigration law is extremely complicated due to the need for cooperation between countries, security concerns, language barriers, differing embassy regulations, and mountains of bureaucracy. Whether you’re seeking refuge in the United States or simply need a green card for your new spouse, an experienced Virginia immigration attorney can help you cut through the red tape, make sense of the challenges that lie ahead, and help you achieve your goals in a timely and cost-effective manner. With over fifteen years of experience, Law Group International has helped people from diverse cultures and global regions come to the United States on visitor visas, investor visas, fiancé visas, student visas and more. The firm has also helped immigrants to the United States obtain green cards, naturalization, and asylum. Offering immigration services to people around the world, Law Group International has built a reputation of professional, personal service. The firm provides the individual attention of a small practice while providing the international reach of a major law office. Whether you’re faced with immigration removal or the need for asylum, Law Group International has the resources and experience to help.
Law Group International’s immigration services include the following:
A visa is a temporary pass that allows a person, group, or family to enter a country for a specified period of time for a specific purpose. There are dozens of different visas that can be obtained to gain access to the United States. Knowing which visa is right for you and completing the necessary application process can be extremely difficult and time consuming. It’s not uncommon for a visa to take multiple months — sometimes over a year — to be issued. And if mistakes are made during the application process, you may be forced to start the whole ordeal over again.
A Virginia immigration lawyer can ease the stress of the visa application and issuance process by answering your questions, providing legal guidance, and working with your embassy to ensure the best possible outcome. Common non-immigrant visas include:
- Fiancé Visa – A fiancé visa, also known as a K-1 visa, allows a US citizen to bring their significant other into the United States with the intent of marrying that person within 90 days of entering the country. Once the couple is married, the foreign spouse can apply for permanent residency (a green card).
- Student Visa – Student visas allow people from overseas to further their education in the United States.
- Work Visa – There are a wide variety of business visas. Foreigners who wish to be working in the USA must obtain one of several different visas that vary depending upon the unique work situation. For example, a person with a business investment in the United States must obtain an E-1, E-2, or E-3 visa depending upon their particular investment situation. People outside of the country who wish to work in the United States on a temporary assignment must obtain H-1B visas. And people working for an international company who wish to be transferred to a US office must get L-1 visas. These are just a few of the business immigration situations that call for different visas. As a knowledgeable immigration law firm, Law Group International can help you obtain the correct visa for your unique situation.
Citizenship and Permanent Residency
Law Group International can help people inside and outside of the United States obtain permanent residency. The company’s Virginia citizenship services can also help permanent residents become naturalized citizens. The processes for becoming a citizen and for becoming a permanent resident are both very confusing and time consuming, but with the help of the lawyers at Law Group International, the stress and hassle can be greatly diminished.
- Adjustment of Status – If you’re already a temporary resident of the United States, you can use a process known as adjustment of status to “upgrade” your status to a permanent resident without returning to your country of origin. The adjustment of status process is notoriously long, but the knowledgeable Virginia immigration attorneys at Law Group International can help make sense of the procedures and help you obtain a positive outcome.
- Consular Processing – Consular processing is another method for gaining permanent residency in the United States that involves working through your home country’s consulate or embassy. Consular processing can allow an immigrant to obtain permanent residency in the US before arriving to the country. An experienced immigration law office can help you determine whether adjustment of status or consular processing is the better option for your unique circumstances.
Deportation Defense & Asylum
The lawyers at Law Group International understand how frightening the prospect of deportation can be. Whatever your situation — whether your visa has simply expired or your home country is attempting to extradite you — a veteran lawyer can work with you to pursue your best legal options and argue your case, if necessary, in immigration court. The firm can also help foreign nationals who are seeking asylum. However, asylum regulations are very strict, and few people qualify, which is why most people find value in working with a lawyer well-versed in U.S. immigration law.
Beyond the firm’s full range of immigration services, Law Group International also provides criminal defense, traffic violation, and DUI/DWI defense services to residents of Virginia. Whatever your legal concern, the team at Law Group International can offer you counsel and representation.