Khalid A. Shekib is the founder and lead immigration attorney at Law Group International, LLC. Like many of his clients, Mr. Shekib was once an immigrant to the United States. He and his family sought asylum in the United States from Afghanistan over thirty years ago. Because he has been through the long, difficult process of immigrating to America, he has a unique knowledge of the struggles that his clients are faced with in their cases. Rooted in compassion and solidarity, Attorney Shekib's immigrant background only increases his dedication to the people he serves.
He holds degrees from James Madison University and a Doctorate of Law from the University Of Richmond School Of Law. Mr. Shekib's practice primarily involves the representation of individuals and business organizations as related to immigration law. He has extensive experience in the defense of individuals placed in immigration removal proceedings and has argued cases before both the Arlington and Baltimore Immigration Courts.
These cases included asylum, adjustment of status (family and employment), withholding of removal, and cancellation of removal to name a few. In addition, Mr. Shekib has extensive experience in the representation of business clientele worldwide including EB-5 investors. In addition, Mr. Shekib has appeared before the Federal Court for the Eastern District of Virginia on behalf of his clients.
Mr. Shekib strives to earn the trust of his clientele through an honest and caring approach to the independent needs of each client. He strongly believes in establishing a legal practice with both a high rate of success combined with a keen awareness of professional legal ethics. Mr. Shekib's overwhelming success rate rests upon his high level of personal confidence, public speaking skills, and willingness to zealously pursue the interests of his clients.
"I have been in your shoes, and I will always fight aggressively on your behalf."
- Virginia State Bar — 2005
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of Virginia — 2017
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- American Immigration Lawyers Association — Member
- Habitat for Humanity — 1997-2000
- Afghan Soccer Federation — 2001-Present
- International Law Society — Secretary, 2002-2005
- Judicial Law Clinic, Henrico County General District Court — 2005
- Ten Best Firms in the Area — American Institute of Legal Counsel
- J.D. — University of Richmond School of Law — 2005
- B.S. — James Madison University — 2000