Are you interested in investing in the United States but unsure how to go about it? This may be the perfect opportunity if you qualify for the EB-5 investor visa. Investments in a business that creates or preserves jobs in the United States qualify for this visa. Our Alexandria immigration team discusses all things EB-5 visa, who qualifies, the process of obtaining the visa, and how Law Group International can help.
How much investment does an EB-5 visa require?
Under the Immigration Act of 1990, the EB-05 visa was created to encourage foreign investment and job creation in the United States. An investor must invest at least $500,000 into a business in the United States that creates or preserves at least ten full-time jobs. After obtaining a green card, the investor cannot withdraw the investment until five years after investing.
What Are the Benefits of an EB-05 Investor Visa?
The many benefits of obtaining an EB-05 investor visa include:
- Job creation or job preservation in the United States
- Permanent residency and employment in the United States
- The ability to invest in a business in the United States
- Getting your family a green card
What Is the Process of Obtaining an EB-05 Investor Visa?
An EB-5 investor visa can be obtained by following the following steps:
- In order to qualify for a visa, the investor must apply to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
- The investor will receive an I-526 Immigrant Petition for Alien Entrepreneur upon approval.
- A visa application must then be submitted to the U.S. Department of State by the investor
- EB-5 visas are issued upon approval of the visa application
- As a result, the investor will be able to enter the United States and obtain a green card
What Are the Requirements for EB-5 Residency?
By investing in a U.S. commercial enterprise, entrepreneurs can obtain green cards. Green cards can also be obtained by spouses and unmarried children under 21 of immigrants who invest in the EB-5 program.
Is there a type of business I need to invest in?
Anyone seeking an EB-5 visa has two investment options:
- Regional Center Investment - An EB-5 investment in a government-approved Regional Center is less hands-on. The EB-5 visa applicant invests, and either directly or indirectly, the Regional Center creates the required 10 U.S. jobs.
- Direct Investment - Entrepreneurs or people with specific business ideas can directly invest the necessary funds to qualify for an investor visa as long as they create 10 U.S. jobs.
Can I get a visa without an EB-5 lawyer?
Investments in EB-5 visas are complex, and investors are strongly recommended to seek the assistance of a qualified immigration attorney. [Sub:BusinessName] can assist you with the EB-5 visa application process and ensure that you meet the requirements.
For more information about getting an EB-5 visa, please fill out our online contact form or call (703) 546-9300.