Do you need to understand employment-based visas? You’ve come to the right place. In this blog post, we’ll discuss the different types of visas available for immigrants and the requirements for each, so that you can make an informed decision about your move.
Types of Employment-Based Visas
The U.S. government offers five main types of employment-based visas:
- EB-1: This visa is reserved for individuals with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, or for outstanding professors and researchers. It also includes multinational executives and managers.
- EB-2: This visa is for individuals with advanced degrees or exceptional abilities in the sciences, arts, or business.
- EB-3: This visa is for professionals, skilled workers, and other workers.
- EB-4: This visa is for certain special immigrants, such as religious workers, broadcasters, and international organization employees.
- EB-5: This visa is for investors who invest in a new commercial enterprise and create or preserve 10 permanent full-time jobs for qualified U.S. workers.
Requirements for Employment-Based Visas
The requirements for each of these visas vary, but generally speaking, they all require that the applicant have a job offer from a U.S. employer and that the job offer is in an occupation that is considered to be in the national interest. Additionally, the applicant must meet the qualifications for the specific visa they are applying for. For example, to qualify for an EB-1 visa, the applicant must have an extraordinary ability in their field, while to qualify for an EB-2 visa, the applicant must have an advanced degree or exceptional ability in the sciences, arts, or business.
Applicants must also demonstrate that they have the financial resources to support themselves and their families while in the U.S. and that they are not likely to become a public charge. Additionally, applicants must meet certain health and character requirements, and they must not have committed any crimes that make them inadmissible to the U.S.
Law Group International's Employment-Based Visas Services
Getting an employment-based visa can be a complicated process, and it’s important to have the right guidance and assistance to ensure that your application is successful. Law Group International is a leading law firm in Alexandria, VA, focusing on immigration law. We have an experienced team of attorneys who can help you understand the different types of visas and the requirements for each, and we can help you prepare and submit your application. We have a proven track record of success in helping our clients get the visas they need to live and work in the U.S., and we’d be happy to help you with your application. Contact us today to learn more about our services and to get started.